Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of forexgreenland - Forex forum,Forex training, Forex signals, Forex mgt accts on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Forexgreenland - Forex forum,Forex training, Forex signals, Forex managed accounts on your social bookmarking website

How much was your Single Biggest Trading Loss?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How much was your Single Biggest Trading Loss?

Post by dollarfinder on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Making losing trades is part of the game. The key is to make the losses smaller than the wins, in aggregate.

So share, what's your single biggest trading loss to date?

The biggest loss in a single trade I can recall is in ORCL back in 2000, when I held into earnings release - it promptly gapped down and didn't come back for months... I sold it at a loss of somewhere near $1300. So I've never EVER held a swing trade into earnings again. I believe it was something like, I held at $31 a share and it opened at $22 the next day, or something like that.

Sometimes you've got to learn the hard way. The key is just learning it ONCE, and avoiding the mistake again. How about you? And how did you feel about it? I was frustrated because it was beyond my control, the reaction to earnings etc... back in the early years.

dollarfinder

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-09

View user profile http://dollarfinder.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How much was your Single Biggest Trading Loss?

Post by finvik on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi
yeah actually without any strategy i have lost so many dollars but after adopting proper strategy i am not loosing too much.
There are different Forex trading courses available, all you need to do is choose one that suits your needs as a trader. There are crash courses where all the basic things about Forex will be taught to you in a short period of time, full time online courses, where you will learn all about Forex through the internet and there are also full time real life classroom courses where you can learn the ropes about Forex in a real classroom with a live professor.
You can also become an apprentice. However, in order to learn a lot about Forex as an apprentice, you need to make sure that you have a seasoned Forex trader who can share a lot of things to you about the Forex market.
Here are some of the basic things you should look for in a Forex trading course in order for you to get the sufficient knowledge about Forex trading:
• Margins
• Leveraging
• Types of orders
• Major currencies
A good Forex trading course will also explain a lot about the fundamental and technical analysis of charts. As a trader, knowing how to analyze a chart is an essential skill that you should have. So, when you are looking for a Forex trading course, you should look for a course that offers fundamental and technical analysis instruction.
Stress plays a vital part in Forex traders. Knowing how to deal with stress is also a skill that you should develop. A good Forex trading course should teach you how to deal with stress and trade effectively and efficiently.
As much as possible, you should look for a Forex trading course that offer actual trading systems where students can trade real money on the Forex market or at least trade on dummy accounts in a simulated Forex market. This hands-on experience will greatly benefit you. Besides, the best way to learn about anything is by actually experiencing it. Live trading and simulations should be offered in a Forex trading course.
So, if you plan on getting involved in the Forex market, consider finding all these things in a Forex trading course. Developing the right knowledge and skills in trading in the world’s largest and most liquid market in the world will definitely help you make it to the top and achieve your dreams as a Forex trader.

finvik

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile http://www.forexsecretsebook.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by supertrademaster007 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:47 am

Hi dollarfinder,
Yes it hurts to take those big losses.. That's why when i trade after learning my lessons i always always always place a stop loss. My broker WSD-NZ offers MT4 with easy stop losses and i never open a trade without placing a stop.

supertrademaster007

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sherapim on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:53 am

my biggest lost is when i trade eur/usd, took position and I forget about it (for 1week) and when I open my platform . . . yes its minus 900pips!!!!
felt like crying that moment, but it's a lesson worth taking Smile

sherapim

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by andyelle1 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:52 pm

My biggest lose so far was gbp/usd $500. hope it will be one of my last

andyelle1

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-01-10

View user profile http://forex-reviews-news.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top